Each year the Center for the Arts Bonita
Springs presents a dynamic and wide-ranging selection of exhibitions
which both appeal to and enlighten our membership and visitors. While some exhibitions
feature member, faculty or student artists from our own community, other shows feature
traveling exhibitions from national institutions in the U.S. or artworks from around the world.
Our schedule provides events that focus on a particular
theme, medium or concept. Summers feature regional artists, Fall features a traveling
exhibition, and February features our Annual Members' Exhibition.
Science & Art Exhibition
● October 11, 2013 thru January 4, 2014
● Opening Reception / Campus-wide Open House: October 11, 6pm-8pm
● This incredible traveling exhibition encourages visitors to “listen to
their inner scientist and indulge their inner artist.” The hands-on, interactive experience illustrates how science and art
intersect in real life. Explore extaordinary Origami, wearable computers, 1-Bit music compositions, the difference between
macro, micro and nano-scale and much more. A great exhibition for all ages, “Science
& Art” will open your mind to the beauty
and wonder all around us.
Join us for a Family Activity Day. Tour the current exhibition and create a science & art project. Great for all ages. Free &
open to the public.
● Saturday, October 12, 2013; 1:30-3:30pm
● Saturday, October 26, 2013; 1:30-3:30pm
● Saturday, November 9, 2013; 1:30-3:30pm
● Saturday, November 23, 2013; 1:30-3:30pm
● Saturday, December 7, 2013; 1:30-3:30pm
● Saturday, December 21, 2013; 1:30-3:30pm
● Saturday, January 4, 2014; 1:30-3:30pm
sponsored by THE SANSOM FOUNDATION
25th Annual Members Exhibition
● January 31 thru February 20, 2014
● Opening Reception / Campus-wide Open House: January 31, 6pm-8pm
● Prepare to be awe-inspired by the level of expertise shown in a wide
variety of media. Paintings, photography, sculpture, clay and fused glass are just some of the mediums used to create
award winning art by members of the Center. This annual exhibition showcases the best of the best. Each year members enter
their very best work and the result is an exhibition not to be missed.
Bits and Pieces
● February 28 thru March 27, 2014
● Opening Reception / Campus-wide Open House: February 28, 6pm-8pm
● Artists explore how mediums such as collage, painting, video/film, sculpture;
as well as sense of scale play a role in this exhibition. Bits and Pieces can be interpreted literally as well as figuratively.
The exhibition explores images that are, on the one hand, quite appropriately made of bits and pieces, and, on the other, can be
likened to viewing only a portion of the whole narrative. “Bits and Pieces” presents artworks from across a range of disciplines,
encouraging diversity, expanding and pushing boundaries. Artists and ultimately viewers are invited to consider the ways in which
art is perceived, and to interact with the artworks toward changing the way in which we view art.
● April 4 - 24, 2014
● Opening Reception / Campus-wide Open House: April 4, 6pm-8pm
● The dictionary defines oddity as an odd person, thing, event or trait. Odd is an
adjective denoting the quality of being unpaired, occasional, strange or unusual, or a person who is viewed as eccentric. In other
words, the work in this show will focus on the strange and unusual. The artworks in “Oddities” will cover a wide range of media
including drawing, painting, mixed media, digital, construction, photography and installation. This exhibition offered artists a chance to
take some risks, do some experimenting and generally have fun with the theme. Artists could choose to not create something strange or peculiar,
but, rather, to take a common, well-known item and present it from a different perspective. One might call it an odd perspective.