STAGE IT! 10-MINUTE PLAYS Submission Guidelines
Read the following submission guidelines and complete the steps below to process your submission.
- ● Comedy or drama plays of all types accepted—plays that should be staged or that would be loved by audiences. After all, the title is “STAGE IT!”
- ● Deadline for submission is January 20, 2018
- ● Plays should be in generally-accepted script format and must be emailed as a Microsoft Word document. They should NOT include the name of the playwright.
- ● Plays are adjudicated by at least two theatre professionals and the critique forms are available to the playwrights after the competition, by request.
- ● Submission fee is $15 for one play, $10 for each additional, limit of three.
- ● Playwright bios are accepted during the application process but are not required. Winning playwrights will be required to submit bios within one week of finalist announcements.
- ● To submit by mail: 10150 Bonita Beach Road, Bonita Springs, FL 34135, include phone number and email address for further contact.
- ● 10 winning plays will be selected for live performances at the Moe Auditorium and Film Center on the campus of the Center for the Performing Arts, and will be published by Centers for the Arts Bonita Springs in their second collection of STAGE IT! Ten-Minute Plays.
- ● One winner will be selected as the “Audience Favorite”, voted by the audience in attendance at the performances, and will receive $100 cash prize.
- ● Additional plays may be invited to be included in the published collection.
- ● Set, lighting and sound requirements should be minimal. If not, understand that we do not have a limitless production budget and will cut for cost.
For additional information email email@example.com or call 239-495-8989.
Send your play(s)
Make sure to include your name and play titles in the email.